There are two ways to create custom fields in Divvy:
Creating custom fields manually
Importing custom fields using the QuickBooks Online integration
This article will discuss how to create custom fields manually. If you would like to learn more about importing custom fields using QuickBooks Online, click here.
Manually Creating Custom Fields
How to create custom fields manually (from the web):
1. Click on Settings from the left menu.
2. Click on Transactions.
3. Then click on Create New Field.
4. In the Create New Field window, enter a name and description (optional).
To allow spenders to select multiple field options when completing a transaction, check the box that says Allow multi-select.
6. Enter field options that spenders can choose from for this custom field. Then, click the arrow to return to the Create new field window.
Field options can be entered in one-at-a-time by pressing (+) or the enter key or in bulk by clicking Bulk Add.
To add field options in bulk, just copy and paste your list of options into the Insert List field. Separate each option by a delimiter (semicolon, comma, new line, or custom) and select the delimiter used. Once all options are entered, click Add Options.
7. To allow spenders to enter their own unique field option when completing a transaction, check the box that says Allow custom options.
8. Select whether the custom field you are creating will be included on transactions in All Budgets or Selected Budgets.
9. Select when the custom field is required:
Never: The custom field will be optional for spenders.
Always: The custom field will be mandatory for spenders on related transactions.
For selected budgets: The custom field will only be mandatory for spenders on transactions in the specified budgets.
If Always” or “For selected budgets” is selected, a transaction amount can be specified.
10. Click Create Field to finish creating your custom field.
Once your new custom field has been created, it will show up immediately on all new and existing transactions in specified budgets.