When you send or request funds through the Divvy app, you are required to select a budget before specifying amount. However, if you spend using your physical card, you will categorize transactions after the fact.
Divvy uses smart logic to help you categorize transactions even faster. Here’s how:
- The active budget for physical card transactions will always be the last user-selected budget.
- Physical card transactions will always attempt to categorize under the active budget as a default (so long as there are adequate funds available).
- If there are not adequate funds available in the active budget, the transaction will default to the budget with the highest available funds.
If you need to update the default budget on a certain transaction, it’s easy:
- Log in to Divvy and select Transactions from the left menu.
- Click on the transaction you’d like to edit.
- Under Budget, use the drop down menu to select the relevant category.
- Edit any custom fields (such as receipt, department, or notes).
That’s it! Any changes will be saved automatically.