For things like a lunch budget, team event, or department project, you can create a shared funds budget.
All members in a shared budget have access to any available funds. This means that budget members don’t have to request funds every time they need extra, but budget owners still get to set spending limits.
In Divvy, budget owners can always use funds in this way. However, you can also enable it for all budget members.
Here’s how to turn on shared funds for a specific budget:
From your web browser:
- Log in to Divvy and select Budgets from the left menu.
- Click on the Budget you’d like to edit.
- Under Shared budget funds, select Everyone.
A few things to note:
- All members in a shared budget will have access to the available funds when enabled.
- You can set a group limit on spend, but not an individual limit. So if you have $100 among five people and one person spends all $100, the rest will no longer have any available funds.
- The total amount available to all spenders will be the budget limit minus any current virtual card subscriptions that come from that budget.
- If you require pre-approved assignment of funds, you can disable shared funds for everyone as well.