As an admin, you can update a user's personal information, mailing address, and permissions. This lesson describes how Divvy admins can edit users from a web browser or mobile device.
1. In the Divvy Navigation Menu, click the People link.
2. Click the person you would like to update . To search for a user, enter the user's name in the Search field .
3. Click the Options button . Then click the Edit person link .
4. In the Personal information section, you edit a user's personal information. To edit their profile picture, click the Add photo or Edit link . To edit a user's name, enter your changes in the Name fields . Your changes will automatically display in the Name on Cards section .
5. You can also edit a user's email address  and phone number .
6. If a date of birth has not been edited, you can add a date in the Date of Birth field . You cannot edit the date of birth after it has been entered.
5. In the Permissions section, you can edit the user's role and permissions. In the Role drop-down menu, you can select a role of Admin, Auditor, Bookkeeper, or Member for the user .
6. If the user has a bookkeeper role, you can manage additional permissions of editing transaction settings  and making credit payments .
6. In the Physical Card Mailing Address section, you can manage the location where physical cards are sent. To edit the physical mailing address, enter information in the Address fields .
7. To send physical cards to the company address, click the Use company address instead checkbox .
8. To save your changes, click the Update Person button.
In the Navigation Menu, tap the More link
2. Tap the People link.
3. Tap the user you want to edit . To find a user, enter the user's name in the Search field .
4. Tap the Options icon . Then tap the Edit person link .
5. In the Personal Information section, you can edit a user's name , email , and phone number . If a date of birth has not been edited, you can add a date in the Date of Birth field . You cannot edit the date of birth after it has been entered.
6. To change a user's role, tap the Role field . You can designate a user as an Admin, Auditor, Bookkeeper, or Member.
7. If the user has a Bookkeeper role, you can manage additional permissions by tapping the Additional Permissions field .
8. To manage additional bookkeeper permissions, tap the Edit transactions settings option  or Make credit payments option . Selected permissions display the Checkmark icon .
9. To return to the Edit Person screen, tap the Done link .
9. To use the company's mailing address for physical card orders, tap the Use Company's Mailing Address toggle button .
10. You can also enter a unique address for physical card orders by using the Address fields .
11. To save your changes, tap the Save link.