As an account administrator or bookkeeper, you can create rules that will automatically apply custom field values for transactions made in a specific budget. With a budget rule in place, spenders will no longer have to make selections for any custom fields that you have already selected as part of the rule. You can only create one budget rule for each budget in your account.
If a transaction occurs that triggers a budget rule for a custom field and a card rule, merchant rule, or individual default is also triggered, the following prioritization applies:
In the Navigation Menu, click the Settings link . Then click the Transactions link .
2. Locate the Automation Rules section . Then click the View link .
3. Click the Add New Rule button.
4. In the Rule Type drop-down menu , select the Budget option .
5. In the If A Transaction Hits This Budget drop-down menu , select the budget where you want the budget rule to apply .
Note: You can only apply one automation rule per budget. If you cannot select a budget, there may already be an automated budget rule applied for that budget.
6. The Make These Field Selections section displays any custom fields that apply to your selected budget . If you want a custom field option to be automatically applied for any transaction for the selected budget, click the drop-down menu for the custom field and select the option you want applied .
7. To save the budget rule, click the Save button.
In the Navigation Menu, tap the More link.
2. Tap the Automation Rules link.
3. Tap the Add New link.
4. Tap the Budget Rule button.
5. Tap the If a transaction hits this budget field . Then select the budget where you want the automation rule to apply .
6. All the custom fields that apply to that budget display. If you want a custom field option to be automatically applied for any transaction for the selected budget, tap the custom field and select the option you want applied.
7. To save your budget rule, tap the Save link.