Merchant controls are currently only available to Divvy accounts in a closed beta group. If you are interested in joining this group and using this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
As an admin, you can create merchant controls to block specific categories or only allow specific categories for transactions in selected budgets. When categories are blocked, all transactions that match selected categories will be declined. When categories are allowed, only transactions that match selected categories will be accepted. View the Merchant Control Category Descriptions.
Note: Merchant controls can only be applied on transactions with Divvy VISA cards.
In the Divvy Navigation Menu, click the Settings link . Then select the Merchant controls option .
2. If you haven’t previously created a merchant control, click the Get Started button.
3. In the Which budget? drop-down menu, enter or select the budget(s) to which you would like to apply the new control . To remove a budget, click the Remove icon .
4. Click the Next button .
You can set a merchant control to block specific categories or only allow specific categories. These categories each include related Merchant Category Codes (MCC) that describe the types of purchases that can or cannot be made. View the Merchant Control Category Descriptions.
5. To decline transactions from all selected categories, select the Block these categories option . To only allow transactions from the categories you select, select the Allow these categories option .
6. To select categories to block or allow, click the Add categories link .
7. Click any categories you want to add . Selected categories display the Checkmark icon . To search for a category, enter the category name in the Search field .
8. Click the Done button .
9. View the selected categories that will be allowed or blocked . To edit the selected categories, click the Edit categories link .
10. Click the Next button .
11. Review the details for your new merchant control .
12. To edit details for the control, click the Edit link for the budget  or categories .
13. Click the Submit button .